Sunday, 19 July 2009

Mississippi Burning


Yes, Mississippi Burning takes on a new meaning for us after Colin tried to set fire to some branches that were cut down in October last year.

When I looked out of the house the angle looked different and I thought the electric cables were above the fire. Thankfully for us they weren't as I had visions of having to foot the bill to get everyone on the islands' electricity reconnected....

Did he learn his lesson.... NO, don't be silly. He set fire to another bundle outside the house a few days later and left it to come inside. When he went back outside the first had spread in two directions - towards the neighbours house and towards ours. Marly's hose came to the rescue.
First two items on shopping list for next trip.
1. Extra long hose
2. Fire extinguisher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home