Sunday, 4 April 2010

Back from Mississippi


Back deck seating area



Back deck from waters edge




Front view....AFTER!!!


This is what the house looked like in September before we painted it! It's hard to imagine it like this now....


Well folks, Colin and I got back from our recent trip to Mississippi at 5pm tonight.
Wasn't the best flights there and back. Hopefully our next trip with Air France in July will be much improved!
Colin was out 2 weeks ahead of me and by the time I arrived they decks were completed - we had steps at the front and back, handrails at the front and back and the seating area on one side of the back deck was complete. I was mega-impressed.
I arrived to 100 planks of decking in a bundle on the ground. Yes, that was my penance! Colin and I managed to underpin the house with these and tie in underneath the steps.
It is looking so much better. Facia has been painted and I painted the shutters and with some new wall lights - it is looking 100% better.
So all that needs to be done in July is install a gravel driveway and seal the decking with watersealant one the wood has had time to weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home